G Baldwin & Co are purveyors of natural products since 1844 in Walworth Road, South London.
The owners were looking for someone to manufacture a traditional sign that would reflect the quality and heritage of the company and its shop.
Following an initial consultation and a meeting at our showroom, we took up the challenge.
We produced a hand drawn sketch of our impression of the sign, which was immediately liked and approved by the client.
Following agreement of costings, we set to work manufacturing this traditional glass sign. We used 24ct gold leaf in different tones to give a 3D look to the reverse painted lettering. The ambersan was hand carved and gilded and then the painted glass was overlaid.
The signs on the flanks were manufactured from marine ply and subjected to our seven coat process to a high gloss finish. We then hand painted the text and gilded to 24ct gold leaf.
The whole sign was installed in one day.